Two full-time dietary positions are available.
A Cook plans, prepares, and cooks food items to ensure the highest quality food items are served to our patients and staff. They help keep the kitchen organized and running efficiently. They ensure proper food handling, sanitation and following food storage procedures.
We are looking for a dedicated cook to prepare high-quality meals in accordance with food health and safety regulations and company standards. The cook’s responsibilities include following instructions relating to the timely preparation of food orders, organizing workstations, and assisting other cooks as needed. You should also be able to ensure that the refrigerators and storerooms are kept clean and tidy.
To be successful as a cook, you should be able to use various cooking techniques and methods to prepare meals that meet our patient’s dietary needs.
· Preparing and assembling ingredients for menu items.
· Preparing high-quality meals and food items according to company recipes.
· Storing excess food at the correct temperature in order to avoid spoilage.
· Ensuring that food portions and food presentation meet company standards.
· Monitoring supplies and re-ordering stock as needed.
· Ensuring that cooking utensils are clean before each use.
· Cleaning and sterilizing food preparation areas.
· Assisting other cooks to ensure that meals are completed in a timely manner.
· Ensuring that food health and safety regulations are followed.
· Complies with regulator standards, including federal, state. Adhere to facility confidentiality and the patient’s rights policy as outlined in the facility’s Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) policies and procedures.
· High school diploma or GED.
· SERV Safe food handling certification is preferred.
· Sound knowledge of cooking methods and techniques.
· Proven experience working as a Cook.
· The ability to follow recipes.
· The ability to work in a team.
· The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
· Effective communication skills.